- The company’s 64MP high-end smartphone sensor is expected to enter mass production soon this year
- Although in terms of global market share Omnivision ranks third with 12.4%, it scores first with 48% share in security, second with 30% share in autonomous vehicles, first with 50% in computing, first with 48% in emerging businesses such as IoT, and first with 81% share on medical CIS market
- From 2018 to 2019, the overall CIS market size grew at AAGR of 20%. After 2020, AAGR is expected to go down to 10%.
- In the end of August 2019, Will Semi has completed the acquisition of Omnivision and Superpix and officially renamed them to Omnivision Group
- Omnivision Group currently has more than 2,000 customers, with annual chip shipments exceeding 13 billion.
- Omnivision has R&D centers in the US, Japan, Europe, China, and Singapore.
- So far, Omnivision employs a total of 1,300 engineers and has more than 4,000 patents.
- Omnivision Group cooperates with TSMC, SMIC, Huali (HLMC), Dongfang (DDF), and other foundries.
“In the past, our gap [with Sony and Samsung has been,] may be, about one year. Last year, we were half a year behind, and our goal is to achieve new products to be leveled this year, and to achieve a lead next year,” says Wu Xiaodong.
Image Sensors World