BusinessWire: The MIPI Alliance announces that development has been completed on MIPI A-PHY v1.0, a long-reach SerDes physical layer interface for automotive applications. The specification is undergoing member review, with official adoption expected within the next 90 days.
A-PHY is being developed as an asymmetric data link in a point-to-point topology, with high-speed unidirectional data, embedded bidirectional control data and optional power delivery, all over a single cable. Version 1.0 offers several core benefits:
- Simpler system integration and lower cost: native support for devices using MIPI CSI-2 and DSI-2, ultimately eliminating the need for bridge ICs
- Long reach: up to 15 meters
- High performance: 5 speed gears (2, 4, 8, 12 and 16 Gbps), with a roadmap to 48 Gbps and beyond
- High reliability: ultra-low 1E-18 packet error rate for unprecedented performance over the lifetime of a vehicle
- High resilience: ultra-high immunity to EMC effects by virtue of a unique PHY-layer retransmission system
Rick Wietfeldt, Director, MIPI Alliance Board of Directors, presents A-PHY features: