GlobeNewswire: Teledyne e2v introduces its Topaz series of industrial CMOS sensors with new 2MP and 1.5MP resolution devices. These 1920 x 1080 and 1920 x 800-pixel format sensors feature 2.5um low noise, global-shutter pixel and housed in a tiny 4.45 mm wide CSP.
Gareth Powell, Marketing Manager for CMOS Sensors at Teledyne e2v said, “Modern logistics, retail, and manufacturing applications all require enhanced productivity and throughput, with longer working ranges. The new Topaz sensors were developed with this in mind, offering an excellent cost/performance ratio for high volume adoption. They also have a tiny footprint making them ideal to drive the world’s smallest barcode OEM engines and thinnest mobile platforms.”
Samples and evaluation kits are available now.
- Advanced 2.5µm x 2.5µm global shutter pixel
- Low readout noise of 3.3e- (typ)
- Low dark signal for good high temp performance
- Frame rate of >100 fps in 8 bit output mode
- 2 lane MIPI outputs (1.2Gpix/sec each)
- Fast Wake Up mode – decode within 10ms after power up and other useful application features